Humanitarian Benefits

Violent crimes and other abuses are unfortunately common around the world. The U.S. recognizes that sometimes the only way that victims of the most heinous situations can escape is by leaving their country. This is why the U.S. offers many immigration programs that are designed to protect vulnerable people and victims. A S&O Seattle immigration lawyer can help you to determine if you qualify for any of these benefits when you call today.

Assistance for the Abused

If you or a close relative have been abused by a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you may qualify for a green card under the Violence Against Women Act, or “VAWA.” These statutes are designed to protect victims of domestic violence who may be afraid to name their attacker because of their own immigration status. When you call for a consultation, one of our attorneys can help to determine if VAWA protections are an option for you.

A Haven for the Displaced

Temporary Protected Status is available to individuals who come from a home country that has been ravaged by natural disasters, civil war, or other catastrophes. Our Seattle immigration lawyers can help you to determine if your home country fits these standards and TPS is the right option for you.

Refuge from Persecution

If you have suffered unjust persecution (or are worried that you may be persecuted) in your home country, you may qualify for Asylum in the United States. Persecution may include nearly any form of harm, violence, or mistreatment. Contact S&O today to see if you qualify for Asylum.

Visa for Victims of Crime

If you have been the victim of a serious crime that cause you physical or mental suffering, and reported the crime or assisted the police in the investigation of the crime, you may qualify for what is known as a U Visa. This type of visa allows you to work legally in the U.S. If you have been the victim of human trafficking, you may qualify for a T Visa, which has similar benefits. When you call for a consultation, a S&O Seattle immigration attorney will help you to evaluate your case and determine if you qualify for a U or T Visa.

Call S&O today and we can help you determine if your situation makes you eligible for any humanitarian immigration benefits.